Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Douglas Public Library offers free 1-on-1 computer training/help sessions by appointment on these topics:
- Using a computer (keyboard, mouse, basic navigation)
- Setting up a Facebook, email or other account
- Using Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint
- General Internet searching to find information online
- Searching for a job or creating a resume
- Help filling out an application
- Searching the library catalog, renewing materials, placing holds, checking your library account, and more
- Using library databases, downloading ebooks, streaming media
- Setting up and using mobile devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.)
- Sending attachments or saving files with USB, Google Docs, DropBox and more
- A specialized topic of your choice
Stop at the Circulation Desk, call the Library (at 417-7352), or sign up online to schedule a 1 hour appointment with a staff member.
Computer Tutoring Policy
- We offer a maximum of 3 Training Sessions
- Training Sessions are a maximum of 1 hour long
- We provide training only for applications on the library computers or accessible through the library's website
- Only the procedure for ordering items such as plane tickets or merchandise will be shown
- We cannot do actual transactions involving credit cards, personal financial information or Social Security numbers
- We cannot provide online banking instruction
- We cannot troubleshoot computer problems or repair hardware
Please complete this form and be sure to include a current, working phone number. You can schedule a maximum of 3 1-hour help sessions. If you are unable to attend on the days and times you have reserved, please call us at 520 417-7352 so we may assist another patron. Thank you!
- Please arrive with a clear goal of what you would like to learn.
- Please arrive with all the passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
* indicates a required field