- Human Resources
The Human Resources Department is dedicated to providing the organization with excellent service. In all the services we provide, our core values are integrity, teamwork, dedication and involvement, and we strive to treat others with respect, understanding and encouragement.
- Coordinate all position recruitment including advertising, screening, interviewing, and testing.
- Keep active the Classification Maintenance Review system which includes completion of salary surveys, updating of job descriptions, and comparison of comparable markets using population and operating budgets as a benchmark for evaluation to determine appropriate reclassification's and compensation levels.
- Coordinate the selection of all employee benefits to include health, dental, life, income protection, etc.
- Responsible for employee relations to include discipline administration, meet and confer processes and employee recognition.
- Responsible for in-house training and development programs for City staff at various levels to include compliance updates, refreshers, supervisor training, orientations, etc. to help employees succeed.
- Administer a Safety and Wellness program for all City staff to reduce the incidence of work place injuries and provide a preventive wellness program.
- Administer the Risk Management function for the city by handling the general liability insurance as well as property and casualty insurance for the City of Douglas. Ensure proper risk transfer is handled through all city contracts by securing third party insurance coverage and obtaining and renewing certificates of insurance; requiring that the City is named as additional insured. Processing claims against the City.
Rocio Garcia-PedrozaHuman Resources Manager
Human ResourcesPhysical Address
425 E 10th Street
Douglas, AZ 85607
425 E 10th Street Douglas AZ 85607
Phone: 520-417-7326Fax: 520-417-7155
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.